The game has creative, adventure, survival, spectator, and hardcore modes. Each of the modes gives you unique challenges that’ll leave you ecstatic and yearning for more game time!
Why Minecraft? Interesting Details about the Game
Minecraft is one of the most versatile games you’ll ever find in the gaming industry. It offers amazingly beautiful terrains, which helps you to enjoy nature as you solve your building mysteries.
The game, which was developed by Mojang Studios, uses 3D graphics. It allows you to extract all the materials you need to build your world. You’ll get craft tools that’ll be instrumental in building your earthworks.
Even better, Minecraft has gained popularity due to its accommodative nature. It includes different modes to ensure that gamers select the best for them.
For example, the Survival Mode requires that the player gather all the resources they need. On the contrary, the Creative Mode has unlimited resources, thus allowing the player to concentrate on creatively developing their worlds.
This diversity caters for all classes of players and fulfill the needs and desires of each player. As a result, the game became an instant hit after its release in November 2011. It became the best-selling video game ever.
The popularity of the game became so pronounced in 2014 that Microsoft showed interest in purchasing it. As a result, they acquired Mojang and Minecraft IP (intellectual property) in the same year for $2.5 billion. In June 2020, Minecraft was inducted into the prestigious World Video Hall of Fame.
As of 2020, Minecraft had sold more than 200 million copies across various platforms. Also, it has gained more than 126 million monthly gamers!
Why Minecraft is So Popular? Reasons for the Game’s Traction
If you’re a lover of video games, then you’ll agree than Minecraft is not your ordinary game. It has revolutionized the gaming world with its simplicity, adaptability, and realistic gaming environment.
Besides, its concept of using blocks to build a world that the gamers want is exceptional. It allows them to be creative while offering unmatched satisfaction whenever the gamer achieves their needs.
Also, the fact that this game has a multiplayer feature has contributed to its popularity. It invokes the spirit of competition among gamers, which results in more fun and thrill.
Here are other factors that have made Minecraft the most popular video game ever:
- Flexibility. The player is at liberty to build whatever they desire. For example, they can build sophisticated circuits, 16-bit computers, shelters, castles, among many other items. All that is required from them is creativity and the desire to create an exceptionally beautiful world from scratch.
- Chain of Interesting Tasks. When playing the survival game, the player will be required to complete tasks continually until they can build an empire. The interconnection of the tasks makes every minute of the game worthwhile. For example, a player needs to collect wood to make planks, then pickaxe which they will use to mine. The chain continues until the gamers complete their mission.
- No Repeating of Levels. Once you’re through with any given level, you’ll have to work with what you achieved at the end. If you die, then you’ll lose all your possessions except that which you’ve already built.
- Gives You the Chance to Explore. Human desires to engage in discoveries. It gives you a sense of fulfilment. Minecraft is designed to allow you to explore unknown lands and conquer them! As a result, you’ll look back at your achievements with a sense of pride and entitlement.
Looking at all these gaming features, it is easy to identify the reasons behind the success of Minecraft game. It provokes creativity and gives gamers a sense of belonging.
Unique Game Modes
Minecraft offers several game modes with outstanding features. Before you decide the mode to engage in, you should look at the following mode-specific features:
This mode allows the players to consolidate natural resources, useful for crafting building blocks. As such, you must ensure that you gather enough wood, stones, and other resources to help you achieve your objectives.
Additionally, it has a health bar and a hunger bar. Every time you fall, drown, get attacked by mobs, starve, and experience other misfortunes, your health will decline. On the other hand, the player must constantly feed to ensure that the hunger bar is not depleted.
If you the hunger depletes, the automatic healing feature will be affected adversely which will eventually affect your health. This will reduce your winning chances significantly.
Overall, this is the most challenging game mode. You must be agile to collect the treasures and use them to build unique structures while avoiding attacks. Every time you gather resources, they will be stored in an inventory for safety.
However, dying forfeits all the items in an inventory! You can only recover them if you are agile enough to get them before they disappear (or despawn after approximately 5 minutes).
In this mode, you’ll have all the resources you need in your inventory. Additionally, you can fly around the world without experiencing hunger or any damage.
As such, you’ll have all the time to focus on building and invoking your creativity!
This is one of the toughest variants of survival mode. It has a permadeath feature that disallows you to interact with your world after your death. As such, you can choose to be a spectator or delete the world altogether.
This mode allows you to fly above your gaming world without engaging in any activity whatsoever. You’ll not have an inventory.
This is a unique game mode that allows you to experience customized maps for adventure purposes. It also has a command block that allows the map designers to increase interactions with players.
Other Unique Features
- A marketplace with outstanding skins, maps, and gaming textures
- Slash commands that allow you to take charge of the game –give away times, change time, summon mobs, and make other unique decisions
- Easy customization where you can add tech features to fulfil your needs
Where to Get the Game and the Price
For Android (Price: $6.99): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe&hl=en
For IOS (Price: $6.99): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/minecraft/id479516143
For PC (Price: $19.99): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/minecraft/9nblggh537bl#activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Minecraft is, without a doubt, one of the most outstanding video games ever produced. It allows you to explore an unknown world and build a territory of your choice.
If you love adventure, then you shouldn’t hesitate to download the latest version of Minecraft!